- The Philippine Qualifications Register (PhQuaR) logo features the same eight circles of the PQF representing the eight levels of the framework in a circular pattern showing that these levels are not hierarchical. Within the eight circles is a stylized initials PhQuaR in the blue and red of the Philippine flag. In the background is a wire figure of a globe, symbolizing the country’s commitment to quality, competitiveness and excellence.
- The Philippine Qualifications Register is the national database of quality assured qualifications authorized under the Philippine Qualifications Framework (PQF). It provides information to employers, education and training providers and students. The information includes the Qualification Title, Qualification Descriptors, the PQF Level, the Authority-granting Agency, the Qualification Code, the Instrument and Date of Authorization.
- It includes information on the quality assurance system and procedures applied to the awarding/conferment of the qualifications and the agencies mandated to authorize/issue such qualification.
- The PhQuaR is a web-based information-sharing system managed by the PQF Technical Working Group on Qualifications Register headed by the Executive Director of the TESDA Qualifications and Standards Office with members from CHED, PRC, DepEd and DOLE. The website was opened for use in 2013. The website offers a direct connection to the awarding agencies’ official websites via links.
- Inclusion of a TVET qualification in the PhQuaR requires that the TVET Qualification has been developed and promulgated in accordance with the criteria and procedures enumerated in TESDA Board Resolution No. 2014-04 dated April 30, 2014 (Approving the Amendments of the Training Regulations Framework); Updated Operating Procedures (TESDA-OP-QSO-01 dated March 1, 2017 on Training Regulations Development and Deployment) and various sector specific TESDA Board Resolutions on Approving and Promulgation of Training Regulations (e.g. TESDA Board Resolution 2016-06 dated March 30, 2016 for Chemical Processing NCIII). Inclusion of a Higher Education Qualification requires that the qualification has been processed in accordance with Administrative Order No.1 series of 2014 (Revised Guidelines in the Formulation of CHED Policies, Standards and Guidelines (PSGs) of Baccalaureate Level Academic Programs).
- The PhQuaR is open to all, free of charge. There is a search box for ease of locating a qualification. All queries and communication are addressed to the firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Qualification refers to a formal certification that a person has successfully achieved specific learning outcomes relevant to the identified academic, industry or community requirements. A qualification confers official recognition of value in the labor market and in further education and training;
- A qualification is a formal document issued by an authorized body in recognition of an individual's educational attainment and/or current competencies. This document may come in the form of Diploma, Certificate or License.